Friday, September 09, 2011

Costello Vaca 2011

One week ago we embarked upon another Costello Family Vacation to the Outerbanks of North Carolina.  Now you might be asking, 'hey wasn't there a hurricane?', and yes you would be correct but that didn't stop my family of 27 people from hitting the road and praying for the best.  And we were blessed, we were able to enter our beach house on Tuesday with no damage except piles of sand on the decks and pool.  The weather was incredible, the kids had a blast and once again my parents pulled off an incredible week for our entire family.
This was an especially enjoyable vacation for me as it was my first in 4 years that I was not pregnant, breastfeeding or had an infant to care for...hello, it was awesome!  The boys LOVED the sand and played so well at the beach.  Shayden was a digging machine with his boy cousins and Quinton dabbled in just about everything including his favorite - running straight for the ocean with no fear!  I think one of our favorite highlights was taking Shayden crab hunting on the beach one night...watching he and his cousins Eli and Maddie shriek with delight was something I will always remember.

Enjoy a few of my favorite pics...be thankful I didn't burden you with all 384.


1 comment:

AMB said...

Looks like a blast! I would have liked a few more ;)