Sunday, September 09, 2012

Busy Bees

We have been busy!!!  And while I could bore you with multiple posts I will just combine some of the events in the last month into one....

Guest Room Re-do:
While our guest room is awesome = large room, great closet, on-suite bath...it was lacking in the up-to-date style sort of way.  So, one of my projects was to redo it before the baby was born.  Here are some before and after shots.  And while I have still have some finishing touches to do it has happily housed at least 10 guests since its completion, including our first international student!

BEFORE:


AFTER:



Pimp My Ride:
In August we also said goodbye to the Honda Accord.  The first car I ever purchased!  It was time to move to something larger as 3 car seats DO NOT fit across the back seat of a 4-door vehicle.  So after getting a lovely detail, snapping a few pictures and throwing it on Craigslist...I sold her in just under 4 hours.  It was a bitter-sweet moment as I soared in my victorious sum of cash on our counter and then plummeted back to earth as I realized I had left myself without a vehicle for an unknown amount of time.  With much kindness from friends and family for a week we were soon the proud owners of a Honda Odyssey = Hodssey (what hot moms drive)!  And yes I am lovin' being a "mini-van mom"...these things are just too sweet and way to practical not to rock out for a few years (or more).

Goodbye Una Nocha:

Hello Tortuga:




No comments: