Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Promises and Corn



I am going to attempt to update the blog more frequently now that Quinton is a bit older and I have so much more time on my hands.....HA HA HA!!!  (as I roll my eyes)  In my sarcasm I am kind of serious, Quinton is doing such a good job at being a baby...I am sure you ask yourself 'how hard can that be right?'....well talk to my first son Shayden and see what he says.  As I type, I have 2, yes 2, boys in bed and happy to be there (at least I like to think so).  Quinton has been going to bed so well and now that he is officially out of the bassinet in our room and in his crib flying solo I am getting much more rest. (WOOT WOOT)

On to more important things...we had our first official "Corn Day" at the farm this past week and it was a blast.  My SIL Beth organized an awesome day full of fun and lots of corn.  We ordered 300 ears of corn, that were picked fresh that morning, which we then shucked, cooked, de-cobbed (not sure of technical term here), cooled and then bagged for the winter.  Which means come January when you are itching for some fresh Ohio sweet corn you will have to come calling to one of our homes begging for the bag of gold in our freezers!  Enjoy a few pics - ps. Thanks Beth for such a fun day!



(no babies were harmed in this process...that steam is much further away from his face than it looks, promise)

No comments: