Sunday, June 28, 2009

One Rockin' Saturday Night

It's funny how life changes when you have a child. Of course you know it from the moment you bring that little bundle home from the hospital but no matter what people tell you you still have those days that cause you to reflect upon your perspectives and how they have altered drastically since you welcomed your baby into the world.


This past Saturday was one of those days for me. Chris and I had the pleasure of taking Shayden to the Zoo with my brothers John and Sam and their families. It was an AWESOME day, we met at the Zoo after the boys afternoon naps and hit it hard until dinner - which was a lovely picnic in the park where my brother Luke and his family joined us as well. I say this was one of those days because I couldn't have wanted to be anywhere else in the whole world. The weather was perfect, Shayden rode the carousal for the first time and was squealing with glee, seeing my son spend time with his uncles, aunts and cousins in which we were all thoroughly enjoying ourselves is priceless and then wrapping things up with a great picnic...what more could I ask for.


All that to say, it was one rockin' Saturday night and I am pretty sure I would not have classified that evening as rockin' at any point while I was in college and even before the last year of my life.
Here are a few highlights...


(aren't these guys good looking?)

(checking out the monkey's in style)

(fun fact: there are 42 species of Kangaroos...rock on!)

5 comments:

Jen said...

You are right! One sweet and rockin' Saturday night.

I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else either. ;)

Ryan, Stephanie, Sam and Blake said...

You mean I'm not going to hit the town come September? What did I sign myself up for?! J/K. I can't wait! What a fun day with your family and cutie little boys!

The4Scotts said...

looks like a BLAST to me too! :)

Anonymous said...

How awesome you guys! It's days like that that show us how blessed we are and make us wonder how life could be any sweeter!

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome you guys! It's days like that that remind us of how blessed we are and make us wonder how life could be any sweeter! xoxo