Thursday, June 25, 2009

Stair Scare

Shayden gave me a little scare this morning after his breakfast. He was content and playing in the family room when I decided to put a few dishes away. Now mind you, he has never gone for the stairs before unless Chris and I are with him and we are helping him ascend them.
I realized, after only a few moments, that he was being really quite (always a bad sign) so I went to check on him...only he wasn't anywhere in sight. I ran around the corner and started up the stairs to find him AT THE TOP and smiling back at me. Oh my goodness, my heart nearly dropped from my chest. Evidently he wanted to do something upstairs and didn't feel the need to ask for help.
Thanks little buddy for keeping me on my toes and for not falling...I learned my lesson and yes the gate is in position and not moving.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh little Shayden, how you really do keep your mommy on her toes!

Giving Love Encounters said...

No worries - we've all been there.

Glad the gate is firmly in place! ;)

xo